Common Mistakes (Part 1)
Common Mistakes Part 1 : Common Mistakes Part 2
- Download MP4 video - 56.7MB (right click > save link as)
Common FR Mistakes video info.
- Type: Concept
- Stakes: -
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:33:30
- Added: 28 April 2011
This is a more general concept video that covers 4 common mistakes made by FR poker players. The 4 mistakes/topics covered in this training video are:
- Stats (e.g VPIP, PFR) and Sample Sizes
- Rationale for Betting/Raising (Why are you betting?)
- Positional Awareness
- Mistake Propensities (Taking advantage of other players' mistakes)
The first section covers effective use of stats and sample sizes. For Split's complete guide to HUD stats, check out the HUD Ninja video.
The big focus of this video is on mistakes in poker. However, this is not just on the mistakes that we make, but also exploiting and profiting from the mistakes our opponents make.
We profit when other players make mistakes (see the fundamental theorem), so the more mistakes other players make the more money we win. A number of the tips covered in this video revolve around inducing and creating opportunities for our opponents to make the biggest mistakes possible. Obviously the last section covers this concept quite a bit.
As ever, despite the fact that SplitSuit is a FR player and this video is titled "Common Full Ring Mistakes", each of the 4 tips will easily apply to 6max cash games also.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro
- (1:52) Stats and Sample Sizes
- (7:33) Betting/Raising Rationale
- (18:24) Positional Awareness
- (24:32) Mistake Propensity
- (25:15) Player types mistake spectrum (Nits, TAGs, LAGs, A-Fish, P-Fish, Unknowns) [Player Types]
- (32:43) Video Recap
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.