Flushes and Flush Draws
- Download MP4 video - 67.9MB (right click > save link as)
Table of Contents + Time Links
- (0:00) Intro
- (0:53) Hand 1 - Low flush draw multi-way and out of position. Call with 5 4 in the SB, 4 players to flop. 7 A T flop. [equity, IO = Implied Odds]
- (5:20) Hand 2 - Playing nut flush draw OOP vs. 40bb stack. Call with A 7 in the BB after CO raises. 5 3 8 flop. [SPR, reasons for betting, Fv3B is covered in HUD Ninja]
- (8:40) Hand 3 - Playing 2nd nut flush OOP on flop vs. 2 players. UTG open-limps, Hero limps with K 2 in SB, BB calls. 3 7 5 flop. [balancing your range, pot geometry is covered in bet sizing]
- (11:44) Hand 4 - Nut flush draw + TPGK in position heads up on flop. Raising UTG limper with A Q in the CO. UTG calls, T A 6 flop. [Iso = Isolating, hand classification is covered in Common Mistakes 2]
- (15:34) Hand 5 - Playing nut flush draw OOP in 5-way limped pot (no HUD stats). Bunch of limpers/min-raises, Hero calls with A 2 in the BB. 5 players to flop, flop is 4 7 K.
- (19:19) Hand 6 - Hit nut flush draw on flop with AA heads up. 3betting UTG raiser with A A in the SB. UTG calls, 4 6 J flop. [Combos, Playing AA]
- (22:59) Hand 7 - Playing TPGK + 2nd nut flush draw vs preflop limper IP. Raising limper from EP with K Q, limper calls. Q 5 3 flop
- (25:54) Hand 8 - Playing the nut flush vs. 3 other players on the flop in MP. 4 handed, calling raise with A 7, all players go to the flop. Flop is 3 Q 5.
- (30:57) Video recap
Flushes and Flush Draws.
- Type: Hand Replayer
- Stakes: $25NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:32:18
- Added: 14 December 2011
This strategy video focuses on playing flushes (and flush draws) in Texas Hold'em cash games. SplitSuit looks at 8 different hand histories from FR NLHE where Hero either flops a flush or a flush draw. There are:
- 5 hands of flopped flushes.
- 3 hands of flopped flush draws.
The aim is to cover a bunch of different situations involving flushes, and to help you to play more optimally the next time you're playing with a flush or a flush draw.
Although the strategy in this video centres around playing flushes, SplitSuit analyses these hand histories like he does in other HH review videos (watch HH review 1) – covering all aspects of the hand. As a result, other big topics discussed in this video include bet sizing, pot geometry and starting hand selection.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.
Are you finding this site useful?
Did you enjoy or find this page helpful? Better yet, did you like it?
If so, "like" my The Poker Bank facebook page so that you don't miss out on fresh strategy updates. Videos and articles and stuff.