Facing Preflop 3Bets
Download MP4 video - 64.2MB (right click > save link as)
Table of Contents + Time Links
- (0:00) Intro
- (0:57) Hand 1 - Open with 33 from MP1, BTN 3bets. [Baby Pairs]
- (3:27) Hand 2 - Open with AKo from MP1, BTN 3bets. [Initiative, the concept of "blockers" is covered in Combos]
- (6:38) Hand 3 - Open with KK from MP1, BTN 3bets.
- (10:49) Hand 4 - Open with 88 from EP, CO 3bets.
- (13:55) Hand 5 - Open with 88 from EP, BB 3bets. [SPR]
- (17:54) Hand 6 - Open with AQo from CO, BB 3bets.
- (22:11) Hand 7 - Open with 44 from CO, BB 3bets.
- (25:57) Hand 8 - Call UTG open with 66 from MP, BTN 3bets, UTG folds.
- (27:39) Hand 9 - Call UTG open with 66 from MP, BTN 3bets, UTG calls. [squeeze play]
- (31:11) Video recap
Facing Preflop 3Bets.
- Type: Hand Replayer
- Stakes: $100NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:33:06
- Added: 06 January 2012
This hand history review style video looks at 9 situations where the Hero is facing a 3bet before the flop.
This is not a "how to 3bet" video – it's a guide to playing against 3bets, rather than an all-in-one guide to 3betting. It's still equally awesome information though.
SplitSuit looks at examples of facing 3bets from a wide variety of 3betting scenarios. These include facing 3bets:
- From both early and mid position
- When villain resteals or squeezes (when we are the through caller).
The overwhelming focus is on preflop strategy, although some hands are played out (and analysed) through to the river.
A lot of the hand histories involve pocket pairs and playing OOP, so if you're rusty on either of those you're in for even more of a treat.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.