Download MP4 video - 67.0MB (right click > save link as)
Download All In Expert: allinexpert.exe (right click > save as)
Crushing Shortstackers video info.
- Type: Concept
- Stakes: -
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:37:54
- Added: 03 May 2011
In this concept video, SplitSuit goes through the essential strategy needed to be able to beat short stack poker players.
There are varying types of shortstackers based on their stack size. This training video focuses on teaching you how to beat short stack players with 20 big blinds. This is the more common short stack player that will often have a set strategy of their own.
This video answers common questions such as:
- Should you avoid short stack players?
- What is a short stack player's strategy?
- What is optimal preflop play against a shortstacker?
- How do I exploit short stackers?
In addition to all this, there is a short introduction and tutorial to the All In Expert tool. This tool helps you to determine the range of hands that it is profitable to call or move all-in with based on the pot odds and your opponent's range -- so it's perfect for helping with short stack strategy.
Note: Matt Mazur, the creator of All In Expert stopped working on the program in 2008 due to its lack of popularity. Which is a shame. However, it's still working and available to download here from ThePokerBank. Thanks Matt.
Check out Playing Against Cappers for a video on beating players with slightly bigger (but even more awkward) 40bb stacks.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro
- (2:26) Edges
- (4:33) Should we avoid short stackers?
- (6:27) Short stacker strategy (their strategy)
- (6:40) The 3 types of short stackers (too tight, too loose, solid)
- (10:00) All In Expert (download: All In Expert)
- (19:05) How to play against short stackers
- (19:15) Stealing
- (22:17) 3betting
- (24:52) Restealing (link: HUD video)
- (27:12) Facing 3bets
- (32:17) Postflop play and SPR
- (37:06) Video Recap
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.