Download MP4 video - 82.8MB (right click > save link as)
- Type: Concept
- Stakes: -
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:48:12
- Added: 18 June 2011
This Destroying Fish concept video focuses on exactly that – beating fish in no limit Texas Hold'em cash games.
In the first section SplitSuit looks at how to identify fish in both online and offline (live) poker games. This is through the use of online poker stats, along with watching out for a few tell-tale indicators through the way your opponents play and act at the table.
The short second section is on fish theory, which covers how fish think and why they play the way that they do.
The hand replayer section is next, which is the main part of this training video. There are 9 hand history examples in total, covering common scenarios you can find yourself in against both passive-fish and aggressive-fish. SplitSuit discusses how to maximize value in each of these spots, as well as times when you're better off folding to save yourself from making big mistakes.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro.
- (0:34) Video outline.
- (1:23) Identifying fish (what is a fish?) [Pareto principle]
- (4:27) Finding fish and stats (sample sizes) [hud video - VPIP, PFR]
- (8:29) Identifying fish in live poker
- (10:23) Can you beat fish?
- (12:21) Fish theory
- (19:54) Exploiting fish hand replayer examples
- (19:54) Example 1 - Raising KQs from MP vs fish call on BTN. TP + FD on turn.
- (22:47) Example 2 - Stealing on the CO with AJ. BB donks on turn, we have TP.
- (25:11) Example 3 - Raise with QQ from EP. Get c/r on flop with overpair.
- (27:28) Example 4 - Facing 3bet from a fish OOP with AK.
- (29:46) Example 5 - Squeezing with KK OOP.
- (33:30) Example 6a - Playing against aggro-fish's raise from EP. We have AK in CO.
- (35:44) Example 6b - Set mining with 44 based on the fish left to act.
- (37:20) Example 7 - Fish open-limps. Calling with 66 in BB after CO raises. [relative position]
- (42:19) Example 8 - Cbetting IP vs a fish.
- (44:16) Example 9 - Playing mid-pair OOP against a-fish.
- (46:57) Video recap
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.