Download MP4 video - 92.2MB (right click > save link as)
- Type: Concept
- Stakes: -
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:53:39
- Added: 28 May 2011
This concept video focuses on blind play in NLHE, and more importantly, how to fix the biggest leaks in your game when playing from the blinds in Texas Hold'em cash games.
SplitSuit answers important questions like:
- Should you ever open-complete in the small blind?
- When should you raise from the small blind?
- What are the strategical differences between playing HU and multi-way from the blinds?
- How you should play against steals from LP in the blinds?
- Is it worth restealing as a bluff?
Blind Leakage covers both playing from the small blind and from the big blind, although the majority of the strategy tackles the more common (and tricky) small blind play scenarios. There are also a bunch of hand history examples that go on to cover how to play IP and OOP postflop from the blinds.
The more advanced topic of restealing is discussed toward the end of the training video. This highlights when it is and is not +EV to resteal for value (based on ranges and equity), along with some strong arguments for calling vs steals in the blinds with premium hands.
Oh, and there's also a bit at the end about free plays in the BB, which is where you are forced to play postflop because there were only limpers before the flop.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro.
- (0:16) Video outline.
- (1:36) Major blind leaks / winrates from the blinds. (note: the difference between bb/100 and BB/100 is explained in my winrates article)
- (4:11) Small blind completion.
- (4:11) Heads up.
- (8:50) Multi-way.
- (15:07) Cold calling from the SB.
- (24:48) Example - Calling vs steal with AQo.
- (27:01) Restealing.
- (27:01) Restealing for value.
- (28:09) What is a value resteal?
- (35:39) Restealing as a bluff. (links: Bet Sizing video, ATS discussed in Hud Ninja video)
- (40:40) Free plays (playing from blinds when everyone else limps).
- (41:38) Example 1 - Completing with 44 in SB, hitting set on flop.
- (45:36) Example 2 - Forced free play in the BB with QTo, hit TP on flop.
- (48:59) Example 3 - Free play from BB with a weak pair on flop.
- (51:52) Video recap
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.