HH Review 3
Download MP4 video - 71.6MB (right click > save link as)
Table of Contents + Time Links
- (0:00) Intro
- (0:43) Hand 1 - Hero has AA UTG, UTG+1 shoves for ~20bb, BB calls.
- (3:53) Hand 2 - Raise with AKs from the HJ, BTN calls. KT7 flop. Villain fires 3 barrels.
- (6:51) Hand 3 - Raise with AA on the BTN after 1 limper. BB and limper call, AA6 flop.
- (10:04) Hand 4 - Raising 1 limper with AQ from the CO. BTN and limper call. 7Q6 flop.
- (12:49) Hand 5 - Raise with 66 in the HJ, SB calls. J49 flop, SB checks. [cbetting, semi bluff]
- (15:56) Hand 6 - Raise with KK from the HJ. BB calls, 4J4 flop. [thin value]
- (19:29) Hand 7 - UTG+1 open limps, Hero raises with AQ from MP1, both BTN and limper call. 98A flop. [maximising EV]
- (22:00) Hand 8 - HJ open limps, Hero raises with QJs in the CO. SB and limper call, T89 flop. [The Art of Bet Sizing]
- (25:00) Hand 9 - MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Hero calls with 33 on the BTN. J53 flop (hit set). [Baby Pairs]
- (29:34) Hand 10 - Raise with 66 from UTG+1, MP2 calls, BB calls. 36A flop (all spades). [pot geometry is covered in The Art of Bet Sizing, elastic ranges]
- (33:14) Video recap
HH Review 3 (Premium Hands).
- Type: Hand Replayer
- Stakes: $25NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:34:04
- Added: 02 December 2011
The third hand history review video by James "SplitSuit" Sweeney. There are 10 hands at $25NL FR with the theme being "premium hands". The starting hands are either AA, KK, AK or any other two broadway or pocket pair.
This isn't designed to be the ultimate guide to playing premium hands in Texas Hold'em, but it will give you a clear insight in to what you should be thinking about when trying to get the most from your premium hands. You're probably already making money with these hands, but SplitSuit will show you where you could be making more.
A lot of the strategy in this video revloves around maximizing value and optimal bet sizing. SplitSuit also covers playing these types of hands both in position and out of position.
As with the first two HH review videos(HH Review 1 and HH Review 2), this vid makes good use of player stats (mostly VPIP/PFR) to help with the decision making process. It would be worth brushing up on those stats or watching HUD Ninja if you're not already familiar with them.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.