HH Review 2
Download MP4 video - 63.5MB (right click > save link as)
Table of Contents + Time Links
- (0:00) Intro
- (0:57) Hand 1 - Facing donk bet with QQ on 4T5 flop.
- (4:03 ) Hand 2 - OOP in multi-way pot with 97 on Q8T flop.
- (8:19 ) Hand 3 - Hero isolated in CO with A8. 47Q flop. [SPR, ratio pot odds chart, inelastic]
- (11:59) Hand 4 - Cbetting with 99 on 4J2 flop.
- (14:34) Hand 5 - Hero isolates in the CO with A6. Q6T flop vs 2 players.
- (17:40) Hand 6 - 3betting with AJ in the SB. Donking A95 flop.
- (21:17) Hand 7 - Calling 3bet from SB after stealing with QJs from the BTN. K2Q flop. [pot geometry is covered in The Art of Bet Sizing]
- (25:47) Hand 8 - Hero 3bets with AT vs MP open, BB calls and MP folds. 53T flop.
- (29:46) Hand 9 - Open with KK UTG, CO calls and BB squeezes. 4KT flop in multi way pot.
- (32:56) Video recap
HH Review 2.
- Type: Hand Replayer
- Stakes: $100NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: 1
- Length: 00:33:45
- Added: 24 October 2011
In this second HH review video SplitSuit looks at 9 hands at $100NL FR. This is the second hand replayer video to make use good of player stats during decision analysis, so if you may want to brush up on the basic VPIP/PFR stats beforehand. HUD Ninja is perfect for a grounding on both of these stats (plus a bunch of other useful ones too).
Other stats used in this video: 3BET, Fv3B, fCB, FvCB, ATS
As always there's no set theme in this HH vid – it's just a bunch of interesting hands at $100NL that have been sent in by a player from the ThePokerBank facebook page. And yes, you should join it.
Nonetheless, a few of the ideas topics discussed in this strategy video include:
- Optimal bet sizing.
- Get maximum value from opponents with inelastic ranges.
- Understanding the objective of the bets you make (i.e. why are you betting?)
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.