Inverse (Part 1)
Download MP4 video - 64.9MB (right click > save link as)
INVERSE (part 1) video info.
- Type: INVERSE
- Stakes: $100NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:33:46
- Added: 27 June 2011
What in an "INVERSE" video?
"INVERSE" takes a different approach to hand history analysis by reviewing the hand history of another player, trying to figure out why they played the hand the way they did.
SplitSuit is not the Hero in any of the histories in this hand analysis training video. Instead, they are hands that he has been sent by other players. In each hand analysis the aim is to try and figure out the logic and reasoning for every decision the Hero makes.
The Hero doesn't always make the optimal play in these hand replays, but that's okay because the whole idea of INVERSE is to try and work out why they thought their play was optimal.
There is no theme or specific concept connecting these hand histories. They are simply interesting hands that allow for discussion on a bunch of different strategical concepts and ideas – just like the hands and problems you will be faced with in any given session.
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro
- (1:51) Hand 1 – Flatting with KK IP preflop. Overpair throughout the hand.
- (5:57) Hand 2 - KK IP vs fish. Hit set on turn – maximizing value. [elasticity]
- (9:41) Hand 3 - Flatting with KK on the BTN vs CO raiser. Overpair throughout.
- (13:43) Hand 4 - Open with AK from EP. Multi-way pot, TPTK on flop.
- (16:58) Hand 5 - Free play with AJo. TPGK on flop, check-raised on turn.
- (19:29) Hand 6 - Calling raise pre with 65s against 2 players. Hit OESD on flop.
- (24:47) Hand 7 - Stealing with A3o, BTN calls. Hit trips on flop – get min-raised.
- (28:58) Hand 8 - Hit set with 66 on flop, multi-way pot. Checking quads on turn.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.