Inverse (Part 4)
Download MP4 video - 69.6MB (right click > save link as)
INVERSE (part 4).
- Type: INVERSE
- Stakes: $4NL
- Game: Full Ring
- Tables: -
- Length: 00:37:47
- Added: 19 September 2011
INVERSE pt. 4 overview.
What is an "INVERSE" video? Check out INVERSE part 1 for an explanation.
The hand histories in this INVERSE video were submitted by a player from the ThePokerBank facebook page, just like the hands in SplitSuit's HH Review 1 video. All of the hands are from $4NL FR NLHE (the hands have been converted to show $100 stacks, but the hands were originally $4NL).
As with all the INVERSE videos, there is no set theme here. Instead, all of the hand histories replayed are from awkward spots that another online player wanted to have reviewed. Chances are that you'll find some of the plays and situations familiar, or hopefully that's going to be the case anyway.
A handful of topics and situations covered include:
- Playing multi-way pots both in and out of position. (hand 3, hand 7, hand 9)
- Playing out of position with TPGK. (hand 2, hand 3)
- Getting check-raised on the flop with AA. (hand 5)
- Set mining with small pocket pairs. (hand 7)
James "SplitSuit" Sweeney is author of Dynamic Full Ring Poker: Beyond The Basics. He also coaches at his personal website www.SplitSuit.com. He uses the alias *Split* at the 2+2 forums, which is where you can find his famous contributions to the COTW thread.
Table of contents.
- (0:00) Intro
- (1:01) Hand 1 – Raising with QQ from UTG. Called by MP2, 9TJr flop. [inelastic]
- (4:28) Hand 2 - Raising the UTG limper with KTo in the SB. T74r flop.
- (8:30) Hand 3 - Calling the UTG raiser with KTo in the CO. K35r flop vs. 2 players. [value – reason for betting]
- (11:54) Hand 4 - BTN limps, Hero isolates with K4 in the BB. 7JKr flop and Hero checks.
- (16:32) Hand 5 - Open with AA in the CO. Get 3 callers (BTN, SB + BB). Flop is 673ss, SB min check-raises.
- (18:59) Hand 6 - Open with 22 from MP2 and CO calls. 89K flop and Hero cbets. [cbetting, baby pairs]
- (22:55) Hand 7 - UTG raises, Hero calls in the CO with 44, BTN and SB call. UTG bets on 228 flop and Hero raises.
- (27:28) Hand 8 - Isolating MP2 and CO limpers with AJo from the BTN. J63 flop vs 2 other players.
- (31:15) Hand 9 - Limping in the SB with A4s. Flop is 94A (two-pair) vs 2 other players. Hero overbet shoves on the river. [range balancing]
- (34:54) Video recap
- (36:16) Report card
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.