Jack Wilcox 7 (Part 1/2)
Jack Wilcox 7 Part 1 : Jack Wilcox 7 Part 2
Download FLV video - 215.0MB (right click > save link as)
Note: This video was initially made for Jack's training site HigherLevelPoker.com (which explains the intro), but it's now exclusively available on ThePokerBank.
"Jack Wilcox 7 - $10NL part 1" video info.
- Type: Hand Replayer
- Stakes: $10NL
- Game: 6max
- Tables: 6
- Room: Full Tilt Poker
- Length: 59:22
- Added: 21/03/11
Jack Wilcox 7 pt. 1 video overview.
This is the first part of a $10NL 6max cash game training video. This a pre-recorded session of Jack Wilcox multi-tabling 6 micro stakes tables, pausing the video at key moments to talk discuss the reasoning behind the plays he is making during the session.
There's a lot of discussion on when and when not to make a continuation bet in this $10NL strategy video at Full Tilt Poker. Other topics heavily discussed in this video include 3betting and bet sizing.
As already mentioned, this video was made by Jack Wilcox for his new training site HigherLevelPoker.com.
Jack Wilcox 7 pt. 1 notes.
- (00:53) → Calling with 89o in BB to raise from SB.
- (02:17) → Check calling vs. check raising OOP with JQ on KT7 flop.
- (04:05) → Not cbetting with K6 on 79J flop.
- (06:34) → TableNinja.com
- (06:59) → 3betting a raise from the CO with KJ on the button.
- (10:18) → Raise with AQ in the SB and getting 3bet by the BB. Flop A86.
- (11:19) → Cbetting with AJs on QT3 flop. Discussion on inelastic calling ranges.
- (14:41) → Minraised on button with 7Ts by SB, calling due to high implied odds.
- (16:42) → 3betting on BB with 97s to raise from button. Double barreling the turn.
- (19:26) → Betting again on the turn after cbetting with JQ on a J794 board with 3 diamonds.
- (22:36) → Set mining with 33.
- (24:50) → A8s cbetting in to 2 players on 294 flop. Quick timing online poker tell discussion.
- (27:08) → Check/calling the flop OOP with KT on AJ9 flop.
- (32:43) → Not cbetting with J6 in position on AJ3 flop.
- (35:20) → 4betting with K3o on the button vs SB 3bet with discussion (PokerStove).
We are risking $2.05 instead of $1.05 with our 4bet. As a result, Brus89 needs to fold 61% of the time and not 45% of the time. The EV equation should look like this:
- 1.30x - 2.05(1 - x) = 0
- 1.30x - 2.05 + 2.05x = 0
- 3.35x - 2.05 = 0
- 3.35x = 2.05
- x = 2.05 / 3.35
- x = 0.61
- (41:05) → Cbetting with KQ on 9JQ flop.
- (44:55) → Folding 99 to a 3bet. No value in continuing/set mining.
- (47:50) → Double barreling for thin value OOP with second pair.
- (52:12) → Checking instead of cbetting with AK on 963 monotone flop. Calling on A turn.
- (55:09) → Calling with AK instead of 3betting pre. 3-way pot with QT2 flop.
Topics discussed in this video.
Go back to the immense Texas Hold'em strategy videos.